Saturday, September 20, 2008

What a Missionary!



This week has been somewhat challenging. We have found ourselves calling upon the Lord several times. We have decided that no matter what - we will put our lives in the Lord's hands and do His will. Once we decided that -we have felt great peace.

In the midst of all of this - we received a beautiful letter from Morgan's mission president, President Dyches. Vinny wrote a book called "Grace Divine" and sent it to him. It is truly a marvelous book - and we have had several wonderful comments about it - it is available for sale on his Celestine Publishing site. (On the right hand side of our blog). I just have to share some of the comments of that letter.

He thanked us for the book, and talked specifically about two chapters. He said it would help him teach about the importance of grace with those who perhaps feel we approach salvation by "earning our way to heaven".
He said a few other things and ended with this.

"Elder McKell is an outstanding Elder. I want you to know that he teaches the Gospel with power and inspiration. He is an excellent mentor to his companion.

May the Lord bless you always in His work."


I just had to share. This letter uplifted our hearts, warmed our very souls, and touched our lives. Elder McKell is doing AWESOME! We are SO SO proud of him!! Elder McKell's letter this week talked of a woman that he had the opportunity of getting ready to baptize. He is a District Leader, and though he has is struggles at times, he LOVES the work he is doing. He loves his companion, and he loves his Mission President. He loves the gospel - and I am so touched by hearing the man he has become. He is a breath of fresh air - and I miss him and love him so much! Te quiero, Elder McKell!

3 comments:

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

I cant believe how great he is doing!!! I am so proud of him I love him somuch and think of him daily!!!

mandy_moo said...

I hope you don't mind if I leave a comment. My husband and I have gotten to know Elder McKell very well and we think he is really an awesome guy. My husband used to be the branch mission leader here so Elder McKell and Elder Scanlan came over to our house all the time. We were so sad when they got transferred. Thanks for raising him to be the wonderful young man that he is. He has done great things here in Oregon.

Singhappy2 said...

Thank you so much Mandy. I now use facebook much more... I haven't updated this for soooo long. If you have facebook- please add me as your friend - Dana Lynn DiGirolamo There are some awesome pictures of Elder McKell there - and I am so thankful you took the time to write to me.

Love,
Dana

Powered By Blogger