Monday, September 29, 2008

My Parents


.

As I have gone through my older years, there have been many times when I have turned to my parents - and they have had good council for me. I will never forget a about ten-twelve years ago, when my Dad felt very prompted to sit down and write a letter on Pride. I hold that letter in highest esteem. It seems that he is always there when we need him.

These past few weeks/months have been very trying on us. We have turned to the Lord so many times. And Vinny has called my Dad - (he calls him "Pops") to talk of gospel things. Last night my Dad felt once again impressed to talk to us about a talk from General Conference by David Bednar -" The Tender Mercies of the Lord."

I just want my parents to know how much we love them. I'm so glad I was raised in a home with the gospel - being taught gospel principles and learning correct truths. I was hugged and loved and told "I love you" daily. We knelt in family prayer. We had scripture study. We had family home evening. We were taught to love one another and be Christlike.

I truly love you, Mom and Dad. I just want you to know. You are the best. Thank you for your undying support and love. You may not be rich in the things of the world, but you are the richest people I know in the things of the gospel.

2 comments:

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

I agree you have some amazing parents!!! I love them both so much!!!

Cheri said...

I love you, Dana! Your family is in my prayers.

Powered By Blogger