Monday, September 8, 2008

Temple Trip With Missionary Moms!


What a fun day Friday was! All the moms in our ward who had missionaries out, got together with the Wake Forest ward, and went to the Raleigh Temple in Apex! Oh what a joy it was - to talk about our sweet missionaries - and to feel the spirit. We met at Panara Bread for brunch first - and just talked. I really really enjoyed meeting one sweet woman in particular, whose name is Kathryn. Come to find out, her brother is my son, Elder McKell's, Mission President!! We had so much to talk about!! She was from the falls lake ward! I loved her immediately. (We had cooresponded a few times before we actually met). At any rate... I couldn't have been with a finer group of women. I LOVE going to the temple, and feeling the spirit there.

There is a quote I would like to share with you that I carry in the back of my scriptures, and have for about seven years. It's from Jeffery R. Holland - and taken from a speech of his from 1980. It's called "FOR TIMES OF TROUBLE."
This is the part of the talk that I have in my scriptures.

:In the gospel of Jesus Christ you have help from both sides of the veil, and you must never forget that. When disappointment and discouragement strike - and they will - you remember and never forget that if our eyes could be opened we would see horses and chariots of fire as far as the eye can see riding at reckless speed to come to our protection. They will always be there, these armies of heaven, in defense of Abraham's seed. (2 Kings:16-17) Isn't this wonderful?? I LOVE IT!

Elder McKell is doing so great!! He was made District Leader- and wrote a very poignant letter to his mission president about how he thought he was doing. It was very thought provoking. I love him very much and I am so grateful for the sacrifice he has made to serve the Lord for two years. He is still my "Mowgie", but he is different. He is now a man who knows who he is, and is teaching me ever so much. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for this wonderful experience. I am thankful for all my new "missionary moms" for sharing this wonderful experience with me. I have four beautiful sons, and three beautiful sons-in law. I wouldn't trade one of them. I am proud of each and every one of them.

I'm so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ - and how it connects us all together. I can't wait to go to Utah and go to the new temple by my son's house when it's open! Maybe us "girls" should start saving........... =)

3 comments:

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

WOW sounds like a great day!! I love a great temple trip! I cant believe how much little morgy has grown I love him so much for that!!

Singhappy2 said...

Whit- well LET'S GO the next time I'm out there!!! ok???

Anonymous said...

DANA~!
What a glorious, spirit filled, tingles from head to toe day! I so appreciated meeting you and knowing that we're connected in more ways than one. You, my friend are one inspirational sister and the LORD truly must see your enthusiasm and love for sharing His Gospel in that brilliant light you shine. Who needs to be hoping they 'Call Me on A Mission' when there are saints like you living your every day life like a missionary? Keep up the AWESOME work! I still remember that you were going to privately share something important . . . hmmm, does it have to wait until the next Missionary Mom Moment? How does October 2nd or 3rd work in your schedule?
Can't wait until we meet again!!!
God be with you and yours until then:)

Powered By Blogger