Saturday, April 5, 2008

Musings on Nikki


Nikki -

Three years ago, in Stavropol Russia, I found my Nikki.

Those eyes cried out to me seven thousand miles away. And so for seven months I worried over her. Was she cold? Wet? Hungry? Tired? Abused? How I longed for heer.

When Nikki first arrived to her new home in America three years ago, she was happy, friendly, dark olive skin, and somewhat shy. Always content to be in the background, she was the last to ask for anything, always waiting patiently for her turn to come. There were no attitudes on the way the other two girls demanded attention. She accepted that in her quiet unassuming way.

About a year and a half ago, just before we moved from Utah, Nikki finally opened up and literally "busted" out of her shell. Nikki had always been a book worm, always reading, absorbing everything around her like a sponge. She at times had showered us with dry wit, but when she finally exploded, she really "exploded'. What joy! She instantly turned from a shy "pick me last - I don't care girl" to someone, who decided to believe in herself. She is hysterically funny. She is bright, articulate, well read, and extremely happy go lucky. She has a very european exotic beauty look. She doubts herself on her beauty, but Nikki's beauty is VERY special because she doesn't even realize how beautiful she is - she is beautiful in the most beautiful way - INSIDE AND OUT. She has a heart of gold. Nikki can do amazing things with her hands and fingers. She could be a Doctor if she so desired, her hands are that steady and sure. She helps me with my hair, I LOVE it. She would be a great Beautician. Nikki has the world at her fingertips, and it is because she is so well - informed.

She is my Russian Beauty, who defied all odds to be here, with her Mama that loves her so much. Don't ever forget your beauty or your self worth, my little girl, and don't forget your daddy's love either! (Nikki shown in my dress I wore at 18 also)

2 comments:

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

So sweet you are a great writer but it has to be a tad easy cause they are such great subjects

Singhappy2 said...

absolutely. Aren't I the lucky one?

Powered By Blogger