Saturday, April 5, 2008

Musings on Cami


So there we were. On a journey to get a child in Russia. We were excited and scared at the same time.

They suddenly, across the miles, thousands of miles, this small, scared, sweet face pops up on the internet.

Se is thin. She looks cold. Where is her hair? And yet....... I cry... I see a princess - diamond in this bruised unkept little body of a girl. And so... I make her ours.

Cami. Where do I start. Three years ago a tiny girl with short blond hair and beautiful eyes jumped into our lives. Literally. Jumped. She jumped and sprang from chair to chair. She was delighted when we saw
babushka's" (grandma's) and babies. She didn't come to me as much as the others did at first. She would play on her own for hours at at time. She fought with Aliana. They BOTH wanted to be so right, and the first one to be so.

Cami was so loved at school. Wherever she went she made friends. She loved to color and draw and play in mama's make-up. She loved animals. But could she love me???

So - three years later, Cami is a hauntingly beautiful girl, who only gets prettier by the day. She loves gymnastics, music, animals, coloring, etc.. (mom's make-up). But now, Cami laughs and laughs and laughs!!! She loves me unconditionally. She is silly and talks and talks and talks and talks and talks and talks.. and well, you get the picture. =)

Cami's bubbly personality spills out and effects everyone that comes in contact with her. but most of all, Cami is mommy's girl! We love each other so much, and grow closer every day. I can't imagine life without her, and to think I almost didn't adopt her because I was afraid she was "too young". But Daddy held firm, he wanted that beautiful six year old!! She can read, write, loves school. Oh, Cami, How I love you!!

They are my three bugs,

Aliana - Lady bug - Jitterbug
Nikki - Love Bug - Snuggle bug
Cami Baby bug -Hug bug


For more info on the girls and their stories on how they got here, go to, www.mythreelilttlebugs.blogspot.com
Powered By Blogger