Saturday, February 28, 2009

Nikki try's out for a musical at school!


So - Nikki has surprised us all to death.

No, REALLY!

She came home from school two weeks ago, and announced that she was going to try out for the school play. My shy, quiet, (in public) Nikki?? And to top that off, it's a MUSICAL!!

Well - I couldn't believe what I was hearing, but we encouraged her to no end. She would have to sing a solo to try out - and dance. She has been staying after school every other day for two weeks to do it.

It's the "Music Man". We will know next week if she got the part. She is in 8th grade now - and even though she has really busted out of her shell at home, she has always been the "shy one" at school. I couldn't believe it, she sang Taylor Swift's "Love Story" for her tryout audition.

I'm SO proud of you, Nikki!! You have no clue. Just keep it up - and keep having faith in yourself.

I do.

Oh, I do!

4 comments:

crazycranefamily said...

we went to our High Schools musical production last night. It was great, and so much work. Tell your daughter GOOD LUCK!! That first step out of the shell is the hardest. Before she knows it she will never want to go back in.

mandy_moo said...

Good luck to her!!! That is so so exciting. Being in musicals is so much fun!!

Stacy Lynn Carroll said...

That is awesome! The musicals were always so much fun!! Good luck Nikki!

365 Days of Summers said...

I'm so glad you finally updated your blog. The girls are absolutely beautiful! And you are such an inspiration to me... you always have been. Love and miss you bunches!! Best of luck to Nikki. What a fun experience!

Powered By Blogger