Monday, August 25, 2008

Time for a testimony

Yesterday was Sunday. Cami and Nikki decided to drive home with me from church while Aliana waited for Vinny. On the way home, I told the girls that the missionaries were coming over that afternoon. Cami got quiet for a minute. Then she asked me if she could bear her testimony. I was surprised, but of course I said yes. Cami went on to bear one of the most beautiful testimonies I have ever heard. I was so touched. Suddenly Nikki spoke up. "Can I bear mine too, Mom?" she asked. Well of course the answer was yes - and so then I was delighted and touched to hear a second testimony from my other daughter. After they were done, I felt the spirit of it, and I asked them if I could bear my testimony to them. Yes, they said - and so I did. I felt so special as we turned into the driveway. I asked Cami what had made her decide to do that. "Well," she replied matter-of-factly, "the ,missionaries challenged us to bear our testimonies a few weeks ago, and since they are coming to check up on us today, I decided I better get it done". Nikki nodded her head in agreement. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Here I thought my kids were having some kind of "spiritual moment all on their own - and they were trying to get their "quota" done. It was cool though, Aliana bore hers when she got home and we told her about what happened in the car. Vinny did too. It ended up being a really neat start to our afternoon. And we were proud to report to the missionaries, that we had indeed born our testimonies that week!

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Ahhhhhh....They are just the sweetest girls I know! (Even if they did have a quota to fill!)

Powered By Blogger