Friday, March 19, 2010

The music of my life

What makes a person tick? What makes a person move? For me, it's music. It has always been that way, and for me, I can always feel the rhythm in everything I do. It's in the way I talk, the way I walk. It's in the way I clean, the way I work, the way I laugh, the way I love, and the way I play.

If I were to have any senses taken away from me, I have often wondered which ones I could truly live without. I would not want to be blind... but I could not bear to hear the sweet SWEET voice of a child or loved one. I couldn't bear not to hear a choir's majestic talent, that has at time - moved me to tears.

I remember going to The Phantom Of The Opera, with my oldest son Clint, before he went on his mission. I sat there with tears streaming down my face, as I heard the incredible talent that the company that performed it had. I have so much respect for people who can truly sing and captivate an audience.

I am glad I had teachers who instilled in me at a very young age the love of music. I like to think that I always have had this gift.

There is nothing I like better than someone who can sing, and someone who always has a song in their heart. Except for maybe a good book? But that is another story.. =)

1 comment:

lizard said...

I feel exactly the same way! Have you ever seen those quizzes that people take on facebook to figure out the "soundtrack" for their lives? I don't need a quiz to tell me, mine already has a soundtrack. I'm constantly listening to music, patially because I love it but partially in hopes that my boys will grow up loving it the way I do.

Yay for hearing! What a blessing that sense is :)

Powered By Blogger